10 Transformational Quotes on Habits
Habits are a powerful thing. We don’t even realize some of the habits we have until someone points them out to us. That’s just how ingrained in us they are. We are our habits and our habits are us. I believe some habits will keep us the same. They’ll halt our transformation. Then there’s a second set of habits that will supercharge our growth and transformation. Obviously, supercharge habits are the ones we should all want to form. Unfortunately, throughout life we’ll undoubtedly pick up the ones that halt our transformation as well. The key to changing our habits is to first become aware and then to make the decision, backed by commitment to replace the bad habits with the good ones.
Below are my top 10 quotes on habits. What quotes would you add? What habits do you struggle with the most? What habits are you most proud of?
1. The habits that took years to build, don’t took a day to change. – Susan Powter
2. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit. – Aristotle
3. Breaking old habits and forming new ones always takes time, but it is worth it in the end. – Joyce Meyer
4. Good habits are as addictive as bad habits, and a lot more rewarding. – Harvey MacKay
5. You leave old habits behind by starting with the thought, “I release the need for this in my life.” – Dr. Wayne W. Dryer
6. Good habits are worth being fanatical about. – John Irving
7. Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you can possibly have. – Dale Carnegie
8. I am not a creature of habit. – Tony Visconti
9. A nail is driven out by another nail. Habit is overcome by habit. – Desiderius Erasmus
10. To change bad habits we must study the habits of successful role models. – Jack Canfield