17 Quotes for When You’re Feeling Lost and Confused
At one point or another we all get confused. We all feel lost. We’re confused about life. We’re confused about why something did or didn’t happen. We’re lost. We have no direction. We don’t know what to do. We don’t know if we should try again or give up. We don’t know if we should stay or leave. We don’t know if it’s us or them.
Being lost and confused can be frustrating, stressful and discouraging. It’s easy to think that something is wrong with you. It often looks like everyone else has their life together while you’re wandering in the wilderness fumbling with a symbolic map trying to find your true north.
It’s not just you. It’s a season we all through. It’s a season we all go through more than once. If you’ve found yourself in a season of confusion here are 17 quotes to help you find your way.
1. “Many people feel so pressured by the expectations of others that it causes them to be frustrated, miserable and confused about what they should do. But there is a way to live a simple, joy-filled, peaceful life, and the key is learning how to be led by the Holy Spirit, not the traditions or expectations of man.” – Joyce Meyer
2. “Whenever I’m confused about something, I ask God to reveal the answers to my questions, and he does.” – Beyonce Knowles
3. “When you finally accept that it’s OK not to have answers and it’s OK not to be perfect, you realize that feeling confused is a normal part of what it is to be a human being.” – Winona Ryder
4. “However confused the scene of our life appears, however torn we may be who now do face that scene, it can be faced, and we can go on to be whole.” – Muriel Rukeyser
5. “I always make a decision, even if it’s the wrong one. I hate being confused.” – Yolandi Visser
6. “We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness.” – Tom Waits
7. “If you are sure you understand everything that is going on, you are hopelessly confused.” – Walter F. Mondale[bctt tweet=”If you think you’re not confused, you’re hopelessly confused.” username=”charlene_dior”]
8. “When I feel a little confused, the only thing to do is to turn back to the study of nature before launching once again into the subjects closest to heart.” – Raoul Dufy
9. “When I feel confused or depressed, I remember back to junior high and I silently repeat, ‘This, too, shall pass.’” – Josh Groban
10. “If I’m perplexed by the fact that I’m constantly lost, maybe somewhere in my head I’ve determined that being lost serves a greater purpose than being found.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
11. “I’m gutted and feeling a bit lost, but I’m determined to get through it.” – Gareth Evans
12. “The most confused we ever get is when we try to convince our heads of something our heart knows is a lie.” – unknown
13. “You’ll never leave where you are until you decide where you’d rather be.” – unknown
14. “Most of my life I’ve had long periods of feeling down and lost. That’s why every five years or so I’ve smashed my life to pieces and started again.” – Siobhan Fahey
15. “I am suffocated and lost when I have not the bright feeling of progression.” – Margaret Fuller
16. “Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have.” – Dale Carnegie
17. “Just remember – when you think all is lost, the future remains.” – Robert H. Goddard[bctt tweet=”All is not lost because the future remains. #quote” username=”charlene_dior”]