6 Deadly Habits that Will Halt Your Transformation
We’re at the end of February. For a lot of people those exciting, ambitious resolutions made January 1st are long gone. I’m a big fan of annual resolutions or goals. It’s so important to know where you want to go and how you plan to get there. But let’s face it. We call have habits that get in the way of accomplishing our dreams. And you know the saying, “old habits die hard.” If you want to accomplish your goals, you must master your habits. What habits? These habits. Find out about the 12 deadly habits that will halt your transformation below:
- Being on Autopilot Have you ever been on your way to work and thought, “Did I unplug the iron?!”We all have.We move through themotions of our regular activities without much thought or effort. Our autopilot mechanisms actually serve a purpose. They save us time and effort. Do we really did to be in deep, methodical concentration to tie our shoes? Probably not. Once you learn how to, you forget you ever needed to learn. It’s so automatic.But when we put key activities and behaviors on autopilot it could mean the difference between experiencing a breakthrough transformation and staying in zombie mode.
- Indecisiveness Should I apply for this job? Should I buy a house or rent? I just can’t decide!Being indecisiveness means staying the same. You’re not moving forward. You’re stuck because you won’t decide which path to take.Some decisions can have a monumental impact on our lives. We don’t want to make the wrong decision so sometimes we put off making a decision all together. What we often don’t realize is that not making a decision is still a decision!You can’t make strides in your life by being indecisive. Transforming yourself and your life is a decision. Make yours today.
- Overthinking Overthinking causes unnecessary worry and generally makes things worse than they really are.Overthinking things is also one of the main causes of indecisiveness. Beyond that, overthinking can have you spinning too many wheels in too many directions.That lack of focus and clarity will definitely halt any transformational breakthrough you’re working towards.If you’re burdened by stress and worry you’ll have a hard time making sound decisions and implementing effective change. If you are going in too many different directions you really aren’t going anywhere at all.You can’t experience transformation staying in the same place.
- Being Impatient Being impatient means you won’t invest the time and energy needed to manifest your breakthrough transformation.This is a common scenario for a lot of people – you want to lose weight. You give it everything you have for weeks. The scale doesn’t budge. You quit.Or you start that dream business. Sales aren’t flooding it for months. You throw in the towel and stick with corporate.It doesn’t matter if it takes 10 months to lose 10 pounds. You’ll still look and feel better. And it’s still a life changing experience even if your business doesn’t take off for 2 years. It’s the business of your dreams after all!
No amount of effort is adequate until it is effective. – Sybil Mobley
- Settling What gets in the way of a great life? A good one.Settling may seem like the opposite to number 4 – Impatience. To clarify, being patient doesn’t mean settling. Being patient means waiting your due course.Settling is saying, “I give up” and “I’ll just take what I can get.”You can’t lead a transformation in any area of your life talking like that. You have to look good enough in the face and charge forward declaring, “I won’t settle until I get to great!”
- Lack of Self Awareness If you don’t know who you are and what you want you can make a lot of changes in your life but none of them will be the breakthrough transformation you’re yearning for.I call this the Same Script, Different Cast Lifestyle. You keep changing the people, places, and things in your life but the script is the same. As a result, nothing changes.What’s worse is if you don’t know yourself, you’ll create someone else’s dream life. Someone else’s dream relationship. Someone else’s dream career.You have to get really clear about who you are, what you value and what you want to create meaningful transformations that stick.
The lack of self awareness is the thief of happiness. – Charlene Dior
Once you learn to master these deadly habits you’ll find that creating meaningful change in your life will be easier. Want more deadly habits to be aware of? Download the free ebook 12 Deadly Habits that Will Halt Your Transformation.
IT Statement (Inspiring & Transformational)
I am changing my habits to change my life.