FCTB020: The Power of Coaches, Mentors, and Guides + How to Coach Yourself
I am a big proponent of coaching and have always seen the positive benefits of having a professional coach, or even a mentor or guide whether it is with business, love, or life in general. I am a personal testament to this as I have seen from both sides of it – being a coach myself and having been under the care of mentors and guides too.
That is the reason I have decided to share this episode that defines coaching and identifies the different benefits of having a coach, mentor, or guide. I also provided methods to coach yourself to success should you feel like you’re not ready yet to invest in getting a coach and mentoring program yet.
Some of the things I shared on this episode are:
- Definitions of coaching that I adhere to (2:56).
- The concept of accountability through coaching which results to significantly increasing the likelihood to accomplishing tasks or goals (3:33), and why it’s a better idea to have a professional coach instead of a family member or a friend as your accountability partner (5:47).
- The advantage of being able to think out loud and have someone listen and brainstorm with you if you feel there are issues or problems that you’re not confident to deal with by yourself (7:10).
- The significance of having a coach who can be objective when you’re not, and can serve as a powerful reminder of your path and goals in case the vision gets blurry (12:12).
- The ability to stay on track (and if you get off track, back on track), prioritize tasks an14:45).
- The insights and assistance coaches provide to break down problems, issues, and tasks into small actionable chunks, connecting the dots, and finding solutions (19:56).
- The assurance of having someone to assist you to address your thoughts, insecurities, and lack of knowledge (23:02).
I have listed potential coaches in a blog post I wrote a couple of months back. If the podcast has been helpful to you and you would like to work with me as a coach, you can shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get back to you so we can discuss your goals, challenges and pain points, and see how we can work together.
Alternately, if you feel like you’d want to try if you can coach yourself to success, I also have devised techniques so you can kickstart your way to self-improvement. Some of the methods that I have mentioned in past blog posts and podcasts are identified below such as:
- Maintaining a daily goals journal (24:55)
- Keeping a Life Balance Wheel (25:50)
- Write a personal IT (Inspiring and Transformational) statement or manifesto (26:16)
- The RAMP method (Reflect, Avoid, Move, Persist) (26:33).
- Digging deeper (as I’ve contributed in Classy Career Girl) (27:27).
- Thinking that there’s always something you can be doing (as provided in this podcast episode) (28:23).
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/fromcaterpillarstobutterflies/FCTB020_-_The_Power_of_Coaches_Mentors_and_Guides__How_to_Coach_Yourself.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
I hope you like this episode – thanks for tuning in! Want to share your thoughts on the episode? Chime in on the feedback section or email me at email@example.com – I’d love to hear it! If you think this episode can help your friends and family, please do share it with them too. You can find the show on iTunes, Soundcloud, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Podbean. You can also find me on social media, on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Lastly, From Caterpillars to Butterflies is now in Patreon! Show your support to the podcast pledging and becoming a Patron – this gives you first dibs on episodes and members-only perks for as low as $1 a month. Your monthly love offering goes to improving the podcast and exclusive content and materials to help you with your personal growth journey. You may also show your support by leaving the podcast a rating and review on the podcast you’re listening to, this allows us to get up in the rankings and reach more people.