FCTB006: 5 Ways to Finish Strong
We are now on the 6th episode of From Caterpillars to Butterflies, where we talk about Finishing Strong. Somewhere in our lives, we might have experienced being so enthusiastic starting off something but as time progresses, we see that our eagerness wanes and we lose interest. This causes us to end up finishing weak, or not finishing at all.
Today, I will be discussing how to realign ourselves with our goals and finish strong. It does not matter if it is a relationship, a hobby, losing weight, your job or business, OR any project that you have set yourself to start. After all, if it is worth starting strong, it IS WORTH ending strong. We just need to remind ourselves of this.
Listen, as I share with you about:
- An anecdote that we can use as a representation of the dynamics of starting and stopping, and losing momentum (4:39).
- Revisiting how you started. What are the things you’ve done at the beginning but wasn’t able to follow through (7:43).
- Doing the things you said you were going to do (but did not end up doing), and how procrastination is an obstacle to finishing strong (10:37).
- Having a solid plan in place, on how to do things, and how to traverse your course once you’ve reached your goal (12:03).
- Surrounding yourself with the people who are on the same journey as you, for both accountability and support (13:31).
- Acknowledging your weaknesses and letting other people know of these weaknesses and how they can help and support you (15:39).
- And we end the podcast with a guided meditation to keep your motivation, enthusiasm, and momentum into finishing strong (19:53).
Additionally, we’re on Patreon. Sponsor us for additional resources to help you grow!