FCTB004: The Truth About Purpose
In this episode, I delve into one of the common discussions I have with women as a life coach, and that is understanding what their life’s purpose is. A lot of people are standing still, debating what they know to be their best next step in pursuit of their purpose because they have the wrong beliefs. I wanted to share what I’ve learned to be true about purpose, the thing you are meant to do at this point in your life, so that other people can be encouraged on their own journey to a purposeful, fulfilling life.
A lot of times your purpose will not look how you expect it to look or how other people tell you it will look. This misunderstanding can lead you astray and cause you to abandon the very purpose you are seeking. To this end, it’s important to know these truths so that you can live your life’s purpose with confidence and commitment.
Often, people acknowledge their life purpose but find obstacles that hinder them from pursuing it. Today, we reflect on the truths about purpose and learn about:
- Your awareness of what your life’s purpose it. Figuring out what your purpose is can be recognized by exploring the things you are drawn to and makes you feel fulfilled, it also necessitates an awareness of what pulls you away from it (1:52).
- Your purpose not being a fairy tale. A mistaken belief is that your purpose will just fall on your lap. The reality is that sometimes, purpose will cause pain, and will make you question if it’s worth it (4:40).
- How an individual can possibly have more than one purpose, and how it can evolve over time. It’s not that you must choose one over another, or you must continually pursue just one purpose as you grow (9:59).
- There will be detours on your way towards your purpose. It’s not always straightforward, but it does not mean that it’s the wrong path. I also share a narrative example of how can this take place (12:00).
- The fact that you’re seeking your purpose is a realization of your faith (15:40).
- Some questions to reflect on, based on the abovementioned truths of our purpose (18:30).
Thanks for taking the time to listen to this episode, please show your support by subscribing, leaving a rating and review on your podcast platform of choice. You can find the show on iTunes, Soundcloud, and Stitcher. You can also let’s us know what you think on Facebook or Twitter.