FCTB007: Why You Need A Personal Growth Plan and How to Create One
In true caterpillars to butterflies style, the topic I’m discussing on the 7th episode of the podcast, is growth – specifically Personal Growth Plans.
I have been reiterating in this podcast that growth is a constant and continuous process in our lives. What better way to celebrate this perpetual state of being than planning around it? It has been said that those who fail to plan, plan to fail. Given that we’re ending one year and beginning a new one, it is only quite fitting that we plan the coming year, quarter or month, and start with growth in mind.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- Why I couldn’t wrap my head around the idea that there are people who don’t believe in new year’s resolutions (1:30; 2:26), or setting aside time in the beginning of the year to plan (2:36).
- The importance of investing in self-growth (1:35), and why you need to have a growth plan in place (3:11).
- Things we lost along the way in our life that we wanted to keep, how we need to be honest, acknowledge, and identify these (3:22), and an anecdote illustrating how losing something made me realize something that I need to grow into (4:48).
- How acknowledging the areas where you need to work in is the first step towards your growth plan (9:03).
- The idea of reflecting on the past to understand why you need to grow (9:48), and looking into the future to identify your goals, what you want to achieve and what’s keeping you from it (10:19).
- A personal account of growing up shy, which I identified as limiting my opportunities (11:30), and what I did to grow out of the shyness and build confidence (12:40).
- The guide I developed to create your personal growth plan that you’ll need fill out to get that growth going on whatever areas of your life you want to improve on (13:47).
- A simple and free hack I’d like to share with you to reprogram the subconscious mind through subliminal audios (15:30).
- Researching your way towards your Personal Growth Plan (17:33), and how it can cross from being mere plans into tangible actions (18:11).
- I will be leading you through a guided meditation about growth on the last part of the podcast (20:30).
Book: I Can Make You Confident by Paul McKenna
Toastmasters Organization to help you learn communication and leadership skills, improve public speaking performance, and gain confidence.
Finally, thanks for taking the time to listen to my podcast! I’d appreciate it if you can subscribe and provide this podcast a rating and/or review. You can find the show on iTunes, Soundcloud, and Stitcher. Additionally, we’re on Patreon. Sponsor us for additional resources to help you grow! For more, follow me on my social media accounts. I’d love to hear from you! Find me on Facebook and Twitter.