FCTB018: Don’t Judge Life
Today on the From Caterpillars to Butterflies podcast, the episode will focus on Judgment – of ourselves, our lives, other people, and their lives. For some reason, judging is something that just comes naturally.
I myself, am not exempt from this. Some of the topics I tackle in this podcast are things that I personally battle and struggle with. Driven by expectations of what we are, we’re not, should be, want to be… We compare ourselves to others, compare our present to an idealized state. We suck the joy out of life and make the experience more daunting than it should be. And worse, we often blow things out of proportion and make things much more difficult that they are.
That is what I want to discuss this time… how we practice judgment and how to overcome it. Listen up and learn about:
- How our minds construe what is a good, right and successful, vis-à-vis what’s bad, wrong and failure of a life (1:23), why it is better to enjoy life as it is than controlling it (2:49; 8:45), and how removing judgment allows a richer life experience (5:37).
- Mankind deciding to place negative and positive values on events and experiences, judging everything that happens to our lives based on these buckets (3:41), and how we’re conditioned to operate by this dichotomy (15:30).
- The ability to view our feelings just as it is and not judging it into meaning anything (7:18), and how this can alleviate the pressure, shame and embarrassment we associate with events and experiences (8:20).
- The importance of paying attention to our intentions (8:45), how doing so will be a better use of our energy, effort, and thoughts instead of judging (11:31).
- Some stories and quotes I shared on this subject to illustrate how judgment clouds us (17:18; 20:30).
To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection. – Wayne Dyer
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. – Joseph Campbell
Judgment has been conditioned into our minds – with us explicitly expressing these more, or even instead of our intentions, goals, and visions. With the takeaways from this episode in mind, I challenge you to let go of judgment – relinquish it and instead acknowledge, experience and accept your experiences as they come to you.
I’ve always urged people to look forward and inward through this podcast. This episode is one that I hope will inspire one to reflect and tap into their subconscious belief systems.
If you would like to share your experience with judgment – if this something you’ve struggled with or are constantly experiencing, I’d like to hear them and maybe get this conversation going. Email me at email@example.com or you may also chime in your thoughts at the comments section.
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/fromcaterpillarstobutterflies/FCTB018_-_Dont_Judge_Life.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” social_pinterest=”true” social_email=”true” ]
You can find the show on iTunes, Soundcloud, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Podbean. Leave me a rating and review on whatever platform you’re listening to, this helps more people to discover the podcast – and in turn, hopefully, help more people with their struggles. Additionally, the show is on Patreon. Sponsor us for additional resources to help you grow! You can also find me on social media, on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Thanks for listening – and if you know people who will benefit from this episode – please do share this with them too – until next time!