FCTB023: You Are Meant To Transform (How A Caterpillar Becomes A Butterfly)
The caterpillar is a very good reminder that we are not supposed to stay the same and we are meant to grow in every aspect of our lives. If you’ve been following the podcast, you’d know that I have gone through a transformation which prompted me to take this path where I guide other women towards their growth and transformation towards the best version of themselves.
It is that process, or life cycle, that I would like to zero-in on in this episode, where I talked about:
- How an unfulfilled job and unhappy life became the trigger that led me to real estate investing, wealth building and personal growth (1:40).
- How real estate investing built me up then let me down, and how that ride gave me the biggest epiphany in life through a mug in a bookstore (3:25).
- Memories from childhood and growing up that drove me to be cautious and not want to be seen (5:25).
- How self-reflection, investing in self-growth and being real to myself changed me and led me to where I am today (8:17).
- The butterflies’ literal and metaphorical life cycle starting from birth / being eggs (12:34).
- Why caterpillars need to eat, grow and shed, and what these 3 key biological functions represent in the human experience (12:53).
- The importance of finding a secure spot to grow during the cocoon stage, and how personal growth events and coaching provide this sense of security (17:01).
- How the caterpillar knows and realizes that it’s time to go into the cocoon (18:09).
- The process of metamorphosis where caterpillars go through a physical transformation to becoming butterflies, and how this change is manifested in people (20:40).
- What are tell-tale signs signifying that a person is afraid of growth (24:12).
- My modern parable of the dead caterpillars (25:16).
We are all caterpillars, and we might not know we’re meant to become butterflies – to be so much more than we are. We go through life not knowing what’s in store for us, but it is up to us to listen to our hearts and our instincts and be ready for growth when the signals are prompting you.
I want to hear from you. Which part of the butterfly life cycle are you in? What are you taking action on now? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or share your feedback in the comments section.
You can find the show on iTunes, Soundcloud, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Podbean. You can also subscribe to the podcast via Patreon and receive bonus content, first dibs to episodes, discounts, and perks. Remember to leave the podcast a rating and review on the platform you’re listening to. This allows us to reach more people and move up the rankings. If what you listened to today has been useful for you, feel free to share it with other too.
Thank you for taking the time to listen, and I appreciate all your support. Until next time!