FCTB026: How Your Personal Growth Influences Your Spiritual Growth and Vice Versa
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/fromcaterpillarstobutterflies/How_Your_Personal_Growth_Influences_Your_Spiritual_Growth_and_Vice_Versa2.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” social_linkedin=”true” social_pinterest=”true” social_email=”true” ]
If you’ve been following From Butterflies To Caterpillars for some time, you’d know that I advocate growth. I also believe that personal growth and how we live our lives is an extension of our spirituality. Personally, I find that the work I’m doing improving myself and helping others achieve personal growth serves a broader purpose and benefit the spiritual life.
Faith without works is dead. James 2:20
I discuss why is it so, the different areas of our life that need growth, and how lacking in just one of these areas can stall our potential for success. The relationship between these facets of our life is the core of today’s episode and is what I will be expounding on today. Some of the points I raised on this episode are:
- How difficulties in our lives prevent us from experiencing God and practicing our spirituality, and how our initiatives to overcome difficulties and grow on a personal level positions us to grow spiritually too (1:18).
- The fruit of the spirit that help with our spirituality and how allowing these same fruits to transcend the other facets of our lives will translate and manifest into our visions and goals (3:10).
- A story I’ve encountered recently that illustrates how one’s spirituality influences the principles which with you live your life with and experiences you go through (3:45).
- My experience fueled by a worship song that put into words peoples’ journey, how growth and faith plays a big role as we traverse the great unknown, and in return how the journey brings us even closer to God (4:48; 8:18).
- How focusing on fears and limitations keep us from going out in the water which can easily be aided through a growth mindset that goes beyond these, surpassing who we are and what we’re capable of (7:57).
- The reason why our gifts and talents shouldn’t be hidden and must be used and shared with others as shown in the Parable of Talents (9:11).
- What we should do in the instance that we are called to use our gifts but lacked the knowledge and confidence (13:00).
- The three areas of our life that we must constantly work on and keep updated (15:10).
- A story of how my faith was tested when I delved on real estate investing with my family (17:18).
- An apparent discrepancy I noticed attending events over the number of people interested in growing spiritually, personally and technically (19:37).
- The importance of people’s growth on the three areas of life intertwining making them unstoppable (21:20)
Grow in multiple facets. Multiply your talents. Learn the technical know-how. Be driven by personal growth. Worship and grow in your faith. Combine and intertwine them – then you will be unstoppable. Go be unstoppable. Go walk on water.
Growth is a cycle of learning, mastery and transcending into a higher level of even more learning. My challenge to you as I end this episode is to create a lifestyle where you’re always embracing growth.
The Truth About Purpose | From Caterpillars to Butterflies
I appreciate the time you take listening and the support you’ve given to the show. Subscribe to From Butterflies to Caterpillars on Patreon to get first dibs to episodes and other perks. You can also find the show on iTunes, Soundcloud, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Podbean. Remember to leave the podcast a rating and review on the platform you’re listening to. This allows us to reach more people and move up the rankings.
I hope you learned a key takeaway or two today. If you have feedback or questions, I want to hear from you! Give me a shout out through the comments or by dropping me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s chat and see if we can work together on your personal and spiritual growth. If what you listened to today has been useful for you, feel free to share it with other too.
Always said that personal growth is intertwined with spiritual.
Work I do in personal growth serves a broader purpose and benefit in spiritual.
1:18 When someone is down they’re gonna have a hard time experiencing God and resting in his presence as there are things suppressing their spiritual awareness.
1:48 As you grow personally, you can position yourself to grow spiritually as well, and vice versa.
2:36 When you’re in a funk, insecure, or unworthy, then spirituality will be difficult. As you grow as a person, you also develop as a spiritual being.
3:10 The fruits of the spirit: love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control
As you grow spiritual, these same fruits will manifest and translate in your life and goals.
3:45 Story online – book kept her marriage together by agreeing to an open marriage.
4:29 Spirituality influences the principles you live your life with and the experiences you go through.
4:48 Plane to San Diego, tarmac in Houston. Stirred up with a song by Hillsong United
5:41 I’ve been in a similar journey into the great unknown as the one being described in the song
6:09 A lot of times we’re reluctant, we not know enough, not skilled enough – this is the reason we need to grow into our purpose and our gifts. Through growth we’ll learn and be ready until the realization of our vision comes and happens.
7:57 We’re not going out to the water. Too focused on who or what we’re not, we don’t have and incapable of. Growth mindset goes beyond what we’re not and what we can’t, instead it transcends so we are and we’re capable.
8:18 “There I find You”. You find god in the midst of your calling and spiritual gifts. Helps you increase your faith.
9:11 your gifts aren’t for you, it shouldn’t be hidden – it is meant to be shared with others.
9:48 Parable of talents.
11:31 Burying our talents – we don’t wanna lose in the process, we think it is safer, too afraid to walk out into the great unknown. Living cautiously is criminal.
12:44 Not using your talents – thrown into darkness, despair, unhappiness.
13:00 Called to use our gifts but if we lacked knowledge, confidence, skill set, it is upon us to learn it. If you don’t use what you have you won’t be getting more.
14:39 How many times we have let go of something that would’ve been a gift because we are unwilling to hrow?
15:10 We know we’re supposed to grow and keep ourselves updated constantly.
16:35 As you grow personally it positions you to grow spiritually.
Personal, spiritual, technical growth together
17:18 Started investing in real estate, family joined me and we worked on a property together.
18:53 You may have the faith to get there, but will you have the faith to stay there? No, you need to grow.
19:37 Tony Robbins event. 9k people. Few black people. The same venue with a bishop, packed with black people.
21:20 Faith without works is dead. But if you’re too paralyzed or undisciplined to work, then you’re not gonna bring about what you’re having faith for.